The Stress Bucket
Mental Health UK have have proposed that team use a “Stress Bucket” analogy to better understand and relieve their stressors. It is based on the idea that we each have a bucket that can take a certain amount of stress, but once it fill up and we begin to fee overwhelmed, what can we do to lighten the load? Try it individually or with your team.
- Imagine there’s a bucket you carry with you which slowly fills up when you experience different types of stress.
- Sometimes you feel strong enough to carry a lot of stress, but it’s important to find activities which help you lighten the load.
- What helps you reduce stress?
- How can you keep those activities going when other pressures build up?
- Thinking about the “Stress Bucket” together to prompt you and your colleagues to take action to build your resilience.